J&K Youth Cong launches membership drive
Jammu: In an effort to strengthen the cadre base of the organisation, the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Youth Congress Saturday launched its membership drive in the state.
"We have launched statewide open membership campaign from today. Open membership campaign makes it possible for the youth of the state to become a member of the Indian Youth Congress at any time of the year, and not just when there is a membership drive state for elections after every two years," J&K state general secretary Dr Rashid Choudhary told reporters after the launch of open membership campaign here.
He said that there is a special fee concession for the youth of weaker sections to ensure their participation in the political system of the country.
Chowdhury said that although the open membership drive would be open all across the year but the first phase of the OMC would be closed on September 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1