J&K Youth Cong launches membership drive
Jammu: In an effort to strengthen the cadre base of the organisation, the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Youth Congress Saturday launched its membership drive in the state.
"We have launched statewide open membership campaign from today. Open membership campaign makes it possible for the youth of the state to become a member of the Indian Youth Congress at any time of the year, and not just when there is a membership drive state for elections after every two years," J&K state general secretary Dr Rashid Choudhary told reporters after the launch of open membership campaign here.
He said that there is a special fee concession for the youth of weaker sections to ensure their participation in the political system of the country.
Chowdhury said that although the open membership drive would be open all across the year but the first phase of the OMC would be closed on September 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'