J&K Youth Cong launches membership drive
Jammu: In an effort to strengthen the cadre base of the organisation, the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Youth Congress Saturday launched its membership drive in the state.
"We have launched statewide open membership campaign from today. Open membership campaign makes it possible for the youth of the state to become a member of the Indian Youth Congress at any time of the year, and not just when there is a membership drive state for elections after every two years," J&K state general secretary Dr Rashid Choudhary told reporters after the launch of open membership campaign here.
He said that there is a special fee concession for the youth of weaker sections to ensure their participation in the political system of the country.
Chowdhury said that although the open membership drive would be open all across the year but the first phase of the OMC would be closed on September 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi