J&K Youth Cong launches membership drive
Jammu: In an effort to strengthen the cadre base of the organisation, the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Youth Congress Saturday launched its membership drive in the state.
"We have launched statewide open membership campaign from today. Open membership campaign makes it possible for the youth of the state to become a member of the Indian Youth Congress at any time of the year, and not just when there is a membership drive state for elections after every two years," J&K state general secretary Dr Rashid Choudhary told reporters after the launch of open membership campaign here.
He said that there is a special fee concession for the youth of weaker sections to ensure their participation in the political system of the country.
Chowdhury said that although the open membership drive would be open all across the year but the first phase of the OMC would be closed on September 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion