J&K: Youth injured in explosion near LoC
Srinagar: A youth was critically injured in an explosion near the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Thursday.
Kabir Ahmad Lone (24) had gone to the forest area near the LoC in Keran sector to collect mushrooms when he got injured in the blast yesterday, a police spokesman said.
"An explosive material went off while the youth was collecting the mushrooms, resulting in splinter injuries to him," the spokesman said adding he was referred to Bone and Joints hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress