J&K: Youth injured in explosion near LoC
Srinagar: A youth was critically injured in an explosion near the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Thursday.
Kabir Ahmad Lone (24) had gone to the forest area near the LoC in Keran sector to collect mushrooms when he got injured in the blast yesterday, a police spokesman said.
"An explosive material went off while the youth was collecting the mushrooms, resulting in splinter injuries to him," the spokesman said adding he was referred to Bone and Joints hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid