J&K: Youth injured in explosion near LoC
Srinagar: A youth was critically injured in an explosion near the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Thursday.
Kabir Ahmad Lone (24) had gone to the forest area near the LoC in Keran sector to collect mushrooms when he got injured in the blast yesterday, a police spokesman said.
"An explosive material went off while the youth was collecting the mushrooms, resulting in splinter injuries to him," the spokesman said adding he was referred to Bone and Joints hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'