J&K youth killing: Statements to be recorded after Eid-ul-Fitr
Srinagar: The inquiry officer, probing the killing of a 26-year-old youth in Army firing in north Kashmir last month, will record the statements of eye-witnesses after Eid-ul-Fitr celebrations later this month.
"All those persons who have any knowledge with regard to the killing of Hilal Ahmad Dar on July 25 and are willing to record their statements should report at my office chamber on August 22 and 23 from 10 am to 1 pm," the inquiry officer Tariq Ahmad Zargar said.
Dar, a resident of Aloosa in Bandipora district, was killed in Army firing, triggering massive protests in Bandipora following which the government ordered a magisterial probe.
The locals accused Army of killing the youth in custody without any provocation.
Although Army claimed that the youth was killed in an exchange of fire during an ambush, it has assured cooperation in the investigation after Defence Minister A K Antony ordered a separate probe into the incident.
Police has detained two persons including an Army informer for questioning in connection with the killing of Dar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!