Jawan arrested after girl alleges eve-teasing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was arrested Monday after a teenage girl accused him of passing indecent remarks at her in Pattan area of Baramulla district in north Kashmir, officials said.
Local residents staged protests and blocked the Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway after the 15-year old-girl alleged that an Army jawan had passed indecent remarks while she was passing by the Army camp at Haiderbeg in Pattan area, 30 kms from here, the officials said.
They said the police carried out an identification parade after which the jawan, identified as Deshmukh, a constable in the Army`s Medical Corp, was arrested and a case registered against him.
The protesters then dispersed off peacefully and traffic on the Highway was restored, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest