Jawan arrested after girl alleges eve-teasing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was arrested Monday after a teenage girl accused him of passing indecent remarks at her in Pattan area of Baramulla district in north Kashmir, officials said.
Local residents staged protests and blocked the Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway after the 15-year old-girl alleged that an Army jawan had passed indecent remarks while she was passing by the Army camp at Haiderbeg in Pattan area, 30 kms from here, the officials said.
They said the police carried out an identification parade after which the jawan, identified as Deshmukh, a constable in the Army`s Medical Corp, was arrested and a case registered against him.
The protesters then dispersed off peacefully and traffic on the Highway was restored, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!