Jawan commits suicide by shooting himself in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan on Wednesday committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba district, police said.
Arun V, a resident of Trivandrum, received a phone call this morning after which he went to guard room and fired on himself from his rifle at an Army camp in the district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Samba, Israr Khan said.
The jawan died on the spot, he said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
Meanwhile, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said that Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry(CoI) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march