Jawan commits suicide by shooting himself in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan on Wednesday committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba district, police said.
Arun V, a resident of Trivandrum, received a phone call this morning after which he went to guard room and fired on himself from his rifle at an Army camp in the district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Samba, Israr Khan said.
The jawan died on the spot, he said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
Meanwhile, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said that Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry(CoI) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue