Jawan commits suicide by shooting himself in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan on Wednesday committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba district, police said.
Arun V, a resident of Trivandrum, received a phone call this morning after which he went to guard room and fired on himself from his rifle at an Army camp in the district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Samba, Israr Khan said.
The jawan died on the spot, he said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
Meanwhile, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said that Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry(CoI) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires