Jawan commits suicide by shooting himself in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan on Wednesday committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba district, police said.
Arun V, a resident of Trivandrum, received a phone call this morning after which he went to guard room and fired on himself from his rifle at an Army camp in the district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Samba, Israr Khan said.
The jawan died on the spot, he said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
Meanwhile, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said that Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry(CoI) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next