Jawan commits suicide by shooting himself in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan on Wednesday committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba district, police said.
Arun V, a resident of Trivandrum, received a phone call this morning after which he went to guard room and fired on himself from his rifle at an Army camp in the district, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Samba, Israr Khan said.
The jawan died on the spot, he said, adding that further probes are on into the case.
Meanwhile, PRO Defence Col R K Palta said that Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry(CoI) into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?