Jawan commits suicide by shooting self in Jammu
Jammu: An Army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in outskirts of Jammu city.
Lance Naik Gopal Kumar of Bihar shot himself dead with the service rifle in an army camp in Jourian area of the Jammu district while he was on duty yesterday, police officials said.
He was rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said, adding that the reason behind suicide is not known.
A court of inquiry has been ordered by the Army into the incident.
Police has registered a case and is investigating the issue, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family