Jawan commits suicide by shooting self in Jammu
Jammu: An Army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in outskirts of Jammu city.
Lance Naik Gopal Kumar of Bihar shot himself dead with the service rifle in an army camp in Jourian area of the Jammu district while he was on duty yesterday, police officials said.
He was rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said, adding that the reason behind suicide is not known.
A court of inquiry has been ordered by the Army into the incident.
Police has registered a case and is investigating the issue, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj