Jawan commits suicide by shooting self in Jammu
Jammu: An Army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in outskirts of Jammu city.
Lance Naik Gopal Kumar of Bihar shot himself dead with the service rifle in an army camp in Jourian area of the Jammu district while he was on duty yesterday, police officials said.
He was rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said, adding that the reason behind suicide is not known.
A court of inquiry has been ordered by the Army into the incident.
Police has registered a case and is investigating the issue, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why