Jawan commits suicide by shooting self in J&K
Jammu: An army jawan committed suicide by
shooting himself with his INSAS rifle in an army camp at Noushera area of Rajouri district, police said Monday.
Sepoy Nikal Kumar (23) of the 162 Field Regiment was on
duty at Noushera Army unit last night when he pumped two
bullets in his chest, close to the heart, from his service
rifle, they said.
After hearing gunshots, his colleagues rushed to the spot
and took him to a hospital, where he was declared brought
dead, police said.
Post mortem of his body was conducted and it has been
sent to his native place Muzaffarnagar in UP for last rites,
they said, adding that a case has been registered in this
The Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living