Jawan dies in accidental firing in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior police official said.
Nagaland resident Nayak PP Silu of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, died after his service rifle accidentally went off at Palma in Rajouri, about 140 kms from here, SSP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
Prima facie it appears that the rifle accidentally went off as the vehicle carrying Silu was passing through a bumpy road, he said.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the accidental fire, PRO Defence SN Acharaya said while confirming the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened