Jawan dies in accidental firing in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior police official said.
Nagaland resident Nayak PP Silu of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, died after his service rifle accidentally went off at Palma in Rajouri, about 140 kms from here, SSP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
Prima facie it appears that the rifle accidentally went off as the vehicle carrying Silu was passing through a bumpy road, he said.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the accidental fire, PRO Defence SN Acharaya said while confirming the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them