Jawan dies in accidental firing in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior police official said.
Nagaland resident Nayak PP Silu of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, died after his service rifle accidentally went off at Palma in Rajouri, about 140 kms from here, SSP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
Prima facie it appears that the rifle accidentally went off as the vehicle carrying Silu was passing through a bumpy road, he said.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the accidental fire, PRO Defence SN Acharaya said while confirming the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic