Jawan dies in accidental firing in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior police official said.
Nagaland resident Nayak PP Silu of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, died after his service rifle accidentally went off at Palma in Rajouri, about 140 kms from here, SSP Rajouri Mubasir Latifee said.
Prima facie it appears that the rifle accidentally went off as the vehicle carrying Silu was passing through a bumpy road, he said.
The Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the accidental fire, PRO Defence SN Acharaya said while confirming the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand