Jawan found hanging in army camp in J&K
Jammu: An army jawan was found hanging
in a military station in Udhampur district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said here on Tuesday.
35-year-old Lance Naik Santosh Gurg of Gorkha Regiment
went to a toilet at Gorkha Regiment Unit in Jib Thathi in
Udhampur district last night and did not return for long, they
Gurg was later found hanging with a roof top of the
camp by his colleagues.
Police has registered a case and investigations are
on, they said, adding the army has ordered a court of inquiry
into the incident.
Gurg, resident of Nepal, had returned recently after
three months of leave, they said.
Confirming the incident, Rambal Station House Officer
R K Phada said that preliminary investigation has suggested
that the jawan had committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok