Jawan found hanging in army camp in J&K
Jammu: An army jawan was found hanging
in a military station in Udhampur district of Jammu and
Kashmir, police said here on Tuesday.
35-year-old Lance Naik Santosh Gurg of Gorkha Regiment
went to a toilet at Gorkha Regiment Unit in Jib Thathi in
Udhampur district last night and did not return for long, they
Gurg was later found hanging with a roof top of the
camp by his colleagues.
Police has registered a case and investigations are
on, they said, adding the army has ordered a court of inquiry
into the incident.
Gurg, resident of Nepal, had returned recently after
three months of leave, they said.
Confirming the incident, Rambal Station House Officer
R K Phada said that preliminary investigation has suggested
that the jawan had committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city