Jawan injured in encounter in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan was on Thursday injured in an encounter which broke out between security forces and militants in Poonch district of Jammun and Kashmir, an Army officer said.
Acting on a tip off about the presence of a group of militants, troops of 20 and 16 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search and cordon operation in Mohra belt of Surakote tehsil
in Poonch district early today, he said.
Militants opened indiscriminate firing on the security forces, who also retaliated following which a gunfight broke out.
An Army jawan identified as Gurpreet Singh of 16 RR was injured, he said, adding he was later hospitalised.
The encounter was still on when the reports last came in, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read