Jawan injured in grenade attack by militants
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Thursday injured in a grenade attack by militants in Shopian district of south Kashmir.
Unidentified militants hurled a grenade on a patrol party of Rashtriya Rifles at Imam Sahib in Shopian town, 52 kms from here, this afternoon, officials said.
The grenade exploded causing splinter injuries to a jawan who was evacuated to hospital.
The whole area has been cordoned off and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants involved in the attack, the officials said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the grenade attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark