Jawan injured in militant attack on Army convoy
Srinagar: A jawan was injured in an attack by militants on an Army convoy in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Saturday.
The Army convoy was fired upon by militants near Drugmulla on Kupwara-Handwara road, 80 kms from here, an Army official said.
One soldier was injured in the firing, while the militants managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Search operation has been launched to track down the assailants, he added.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre