Jawan injured in militant attack on Army convoy
Srinagar: A jawan was injured in an attack by militants on an Army convoy in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Saturday.
The Army convoy was fired upon by militants near Drugmulla on Kupwara-Handwara road, 80 kms from here, an Army official said.
One soldier was injured in the firing, while the militants managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Search operation has been launched to track down the assailants, he added.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore