Jawan killed in battle with guerrillas in Kashmir
Srinagar: A Rashtriya Rifles soldier was killed and another wounded in a gunbattle with separatist guerrillas in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said Thursday.
The gunbattle started Wednesday when joint forces, including local police, surrounded the militants hiding in Zachaldara area of Rajwar forests in the district, 78 km from here.
According to a police official, one person was killed Wednesday while another received injuries.
"Firing is continuing. The cordon has been extended and more reinforcements have been rushed to the area," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque