Jawan killed in battle with guerrillas in Kashmir
Srinagar: A Rashtriya Rifles soldier was killed and another wounded in a gunbattle with separatist guerrillas in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said Thursday.
The gunbattle started Wednesday when joint forces, including local police, surrounded the militants hiding in Zachaldara area of Rajwar forests in the district, 78 km from here.
According to a police official, one person was killed Wednesday while another received injuries.
"Firing is continuing. The cordon has been extended and more reinforcements have been rushed to the area," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP