Jawan killed in cross-border firing in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan was killed in firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"There was firing from across the border at a forward post in Mankote belt in Poonch district late last night," a defence spokesman said on Wednesday.
In the firing, an Army jawan was critically wounded and later died in hospital, he said, adding that it was not known whether the shots were fired by Pakistani troops or militants.
The jawan has been identified as Sepoy Rakesh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter