Jawan killed in cross-border firing in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan was killed in firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"There was firing from across the border at a forward post in Mankote belt in Poonch district late last night," a defence spokesman said on Wednesday.
In the firing, an Army jawan was critically wounded and later died in hospital, he said, adding that it was not known whether the shots were fired by Pakistani troops or militants.
The jawan has been identified as Sepoy Rakesh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs