Jawan killed in firing by militants
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Wednesday killed when militants opened fire on a patrolling party of Rashtriya Rifles in the frontier district of Kupwara in north Kashmir, an Army spokesman said.
Lance Naik Govind Singh of 31 Rashtriya Rifles succumbed at a hospital after being critically injured in firing by militants on the foot patrol in Warnav village in Lolab area, 100-km from here.
Security personnel had opened retaliatory firing upon coming under attack but the ultras managed to flee into the nearby forest.
A massive search operation has been launched to track down the militants, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray