Jawan shoots himself to death in Kishtwar
Jammu: A Jawan of Rashtriya Rifle (RR)
troops on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
with his service weapon in Kishtwar district of Jammu and
Sepoy Gowardhan Ram of 11 RR shot himself dead with
his service rifle in Mughal Maidan, about 255 kms from here,
around 1410 hours, a defence spokesman said here.
A suicide note has been found from his possession
which is being examined, he said, adding initial indicators
are that he took the extreme step due to some domestic
26-year-old Ram, who originally belongs to Jodhpur in
Rajasthan, was in service for the last six years.
A court of inquiry has been ordered by army into the
incident, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption