Jawan shoots himself to death in Kishtwar
Jammu: A Jawan of Rashtriya Rifle (RR)
troops on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself
with his service weapon in Kishtwar district of Jammu and
Sepoy Gowardhan Ram of 11 RR shot himself dead with
his service rifle in Mughal Maidan, about 255 kms from here,
around 1410 hours, a defence spokesman said here.
A suicide note has been found from his possession
which is being examined, he said, adding initial indicators
are that he took the extreme step due to some domestic
26-year-old Ram, who originally belongs to Jodhpur in
Rajasthan, was in service for the last six years.
A court of inquiry has been ordered by army into the
incident, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'