JDA officer, two cops injured in attack by Gujjars in J&K
Jammu:A civil officer and two policemen
were injured when a mob attacked a team of Jammu Development
Authority officials while they were on an anti-encroachment
drive in an area on city outskirts on Saturday, police said.
The incident took place when the JDA officials accompanied by police and CRPF had gone to Majeen and Ragura areas near Sidhra to remove some temporary huts constructed
illegally by nomad Gujjars, they said.
As soon as they reach the spot, about 300 members of the
Gujjar community pelted stones at them attacked them with
sticks following which a JDA officer and two policemen were
injuries, they said.
Police resorted to lathicharge and fired a few rounds of
teargas shells to disperse the mob, they said, adding that the
situation was brought under control after the senior officers
of JDA and civil administration rushed to the site and
persuaded the nomads to remove the encroachments in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city