JeM`s India chief killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: Self-styled chief of
Jaish-e-Mohammad militant outfit Sajjad Afghani and his
bodyguard were killed in an encounter with security forces at
Foreshore Road near Dal Lake in the outskirts of the city
Acting on specific information, police followed a private
car moving along the Foreshore road on the banks of Dal lake
and intercepted the vehicle, officials said.
They said the militants opened firing on the police,
which retaliated. Afghani and his bodyguard were killed in the
ensuing brief encounter, they said.
Afghani was the self-styled chief of operations for
Jaish-e-Mohammad in Kashmir, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?