JK govt contemplates new food centres
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is contemplating to open new food centres to provide ration facilities at the doorstep of consumers in the state, minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan said on Wednesday.
New food centres across the state would also help the department reach out to far off areas and generate employment opportunities for educated youth, the minister said while addressing a conference in the CAPD office at Shaheed Gunj here.
Lauding the role of CAPD employees, the minister said, despite facing lot of challenges, employees have to utilise their efforts for mitigating people`s problems so that they do not face inconvenience in getting their ration in time.
"Employees need to work with more devotion and dedication and keep the tempo of serving people with zeal in odd and crucial circumstances," he said, adding that, there are certain sections of the society who are wholly dependent on government ration.
Responding to employees` demands, Ramzan said vacancies at district level have been referred to the Service Selection Recruitment Board (SSRB).
Regarding promotion of employees, the minister said after fulfilling official procedures including vigilance clearance, eligible employees would be promoted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Heightened' Dahi Handi revelry continues despite court curb
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH