JK govt contemplates new food centres
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is contemplating to open new food centres to provide ration facilities at the doorstep of consumers in the state, minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan said on Wednesday.
New food centres across the state would also help the department reach out to far off areas and generate employment opportunities for educated youth, the minister said while addressing a conference in the CAPD office at Shaheed Gunj here.
Lauding the role of CAPD employees, the minister said, despite facing lot of challenges, employees have to utilise their efforts for mitigating people`s problems so that they do not face inconvenience in getting their ration in time.
"Employees need to work with more devotion and dedication and keep the tempo of serving people with zeal in odd and crucial circumstances," he said, adding that, there are certain sections of the society who are wholly dependent on government ration.
Responding to employees` demands, Ramzan said vacancies at district level have been referred to the Service Selection Recruitment Board (SSRB).
Regarding promotion of employees, the minister said after fulfilling official procedures including vigilance clearance, eligible employees would be promoted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured