JK govt declares 37 villages as backward areas
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has
declared 37 villages in the state as "Backward Areas", besides
granting approval to the inclusion of Sheer Gojries in the
list of Social Caste (SC).
The Cabinet which met here last evening under the
Chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah accorded
approval to include 37 villages in the list of Backward Areas
as recommended by Jammu and Kashmir State Commission for
The Cabinet also gave its nod to the inclusion of
Sheer Gojries in the list of communities in the lower caste,
besides, inclusion of some villages and castes in the list of
Residents of Backward Areas and Social Caste.
The Cabinet also approved the proposal for
sub-regional and master plan for Bhadarwah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it