JK govt declares 37 villages as backward areas
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has
declared 37 villages in the state as "Backward Areas", besides
granting approval to the inclusion of Sheer Gojries in the
list of Social Caste (SC).
The Cabinet which met here last evening under the
Chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah accorded
approval to include 37 villages in the list of Backward Areas
as recommended by Jammu and Kashmir State Commission for
The Cabinet also gave its nod to the inclusion of
Sheer Gojries in the list of communities in the lower caste,
besides, inclusion of some villages and castes in the list of
Residents of Backward Areas and Social Caste.
The Cabinet also approved the proposal for
sub-regional and master plan for Bhadarwah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to undergo open heart surgery; PM Modi wishes speedy recovery
- North Korean leader's aunt runs dry-cleaning store in New York
- North Korea warns South Korea of retaliatory strikes