JK govt sets up SIT in murder case of MLC`s son
Jammu: A special investigation team was on Sunday constituted to probe the role of suspended police personnel in the case of murder of the son of a former National Conference legislator.
The order in this regard was issued by Inspector General of Police, Jammu Zone, Ashok Gupta after 6 police officials, including an SSP, were suspended after allegations that the police team had taken money and tempered with the evidence to save the son of a businessman who was involved in the case.
FIR under Section 201 (destruction of evidence) of Ranbir
Panel code (RPC) had been registered against the suspended
police officers-- SSP Manohar Singh, SP city (South) Mumtaz
Ahmed, Sub Divisional Police officer (SDPO) Jaswant Singh
Katock, Station House Officer (SHO), Gandhi Nagar, Sultan
Mirza, Investigating officer (IO) and Forensic Science
Laboratory (FSL) official, police said.
Amandeep Singh was shot at allegedly by Jatinder Singh,
son of an influential businessman, and Royal in Shastri Nagar
area on August 29 and died at a New Delhi hospital on August
"We have received the order and will start investigation
in a day or two," an officer associated with SIT told reporters.
The SIT will be headed by Superintendent of Police (SP),
Ramban, Mubassir Latiffi and other members include Deputy
Director Prosecution Onkar Singh, Deputy Superintendent of
Police (DSP), Armed Police, Abdul Rouf lone and DSP, Criminal
Investigation Department (CID), H S Gill, he said.
The case would be directly supervised and monitored by
DIG, Jammu-Kathua range, Farooq Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents