JK govt to set up fund for cancer treatment
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has
decided to set up a Cancer Treatment and Management (CTM) fund
which will run on voluntary donations qualifying for income
tax rebate, a minister said here today.
"The government has decided to create CTM fund for
ensuring better treatment to poor and low income groups in
the state," Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather said.
He further said that the fund will be managed based on
the opinion of experts and philanthropists with active
involvement of government. The fund is designed to run on
voluntary donations qualifying for income tax rebate.
"The assistance from the fund shall be targeted
towards poor and lower middle class families," he said adding
the government will contribute Rs one crore towards it.
There are a large number of employees in the
government and autonomous bodies who are drawing a substantial
amount in the name of monthly medical allowance, he said
adding "I appeal to them to get a small amount ranging between
Rs 10 per month to Rs 50 deducted at source from this
allowance as contribution towards CTM fund".
This fund will come up from April 1, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India