J&K Legislative Council adjourned sine die
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council was on Saturday adjourned sine die after a six-day autumn session that saw the passage of a unanimous resolution impressing upon the state government to urge the Centre to resume the process of Indo-Pak dialogue.
The session, which commenced here on August 25, was dominated by the issue of ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistan in which two civilians died and six people were injured.
A unanimous resolution was passed by the Council impressing upon the state government to urge the Centre to resume the process of Indo-Pak dialogue to ensure peace and stability in the sub-continent.
The House also resolved that the state government should urge the Centre to take effective steps for prevention of firing on Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) and take measures for rehabilitating the victims.
The allegations of land grab allegedly involving some leaders of opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) including Deputy Speaker Sartaj Madni also dominated the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery