JKCA scam issue rocks Assembly for third day
Jammu: The issue of the multi-crore Jammu and
Kashmir Cricket Association scam rocked the state Assembly for
the third day on Tuesday with NC and PDP members disrupting its
proceedings over the matter.
As Assembly proceedings began in the morning, NC member
and advisor to chief minister, Mubarak Gul raised the issue of
allegations levelled by PDP legislators against JKCA chief
Farooq Abdullah and called for expunging the comments made
against him from the proceedings.
"These are baseless allegations against Abdullah. He is
our chief. He is not in the House and cannot defend himself
here," Gul said, adding it amounts to privilege motion.
He was flanked by other NC members, who later came to the
entrance of the well and shouted slogans against opposition
PDP, that had yesterday raised the scam issue in the Assembly
demanding a CBI probe into alleged bungling of funds and gave
a notice for an adjournment motion.
As NC members continued with their sloganeering, PDP
members led by chief Mehbooba Mufti, stood up from their
benches in support of their demands.
After proceedings remain stalled for close to 40 minutes,
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone called for expunging the comments
He said as regards for taking over of Salal and Uri
hydro electric projects, the state Power Development
Corporation (PDC) has been authorised to work out the present
cost of these projects on the basis of the internationally
accepted norms prevailing in the industry which can form the
basis for further negotiation with the centre.
He said, "Rangarajan Committee has only recommended
transfer of Dulhasti Power Project to the state."
He said in absence of any bipartite agreement, the
case has been examined as to how the state government would
pursue its case for return of the project back to the state
government in consultation with law department.
He said as regard to Bursar hydro electric project,
this project is one of the seven hydro electric projects which
were transferred to NHPC for execution as per the memorandum
of understanding signed between Union Ministry of Power and
state government. He said the entailed project report of this
project is still being formulated.
The Minister said that up to December 2011 an amount of
Rs 679.48 crore have been released by the Centre for
upgradation of power infrastructure in the state under RGGVY
against which Rs 552.74 crore have been utilised for the
purpose during said period.
The minister said that for restructuring of Power
Development Department (PDD) government has already engaged
the services of consultant PricewaterhouseCoopers.
He said the government has in principle agreed to
regularise the service of PDL/TDL against available class-IV
vacancies under the provision of PDD (Subordinate) Service
Recruitment rules of 1981 subject to certain conditionality.
He said SPDC also engaged consultancy of Earnest and
Young for restructuring JKSPDC of the corporation. He said the
consultancy has submitted its recommendations which are under
examination of the corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day