JKDF holds protest, seeks release of arrested youth
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF) on Thursday staged protest here seeking release of three of its activists who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Raising anti-government slogans, a large number of activists assembled at the Tallab Tillo Chowk and blocked vehicular traffic, forcing police to use mild force to disperse the protesters.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 8 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
After the incident, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone had ordered suspension of five security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress