JKDF holds protest, seeks release of arrested youth
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF) on Thursday staged protest here seeking release of three of its activists who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Raising anti-government slogans, a large number of activists assembled at the Tallab Tillo Chowk and blocked vehicular traffic, forcing police to use mild force to disperse the protesters.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 8 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
After the incident, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone had ordered suspension of five security personnel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way