JKDF holds protest, seeks release of arrested youth
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF) on Thursday staged protest here seeking release of three of its activists who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Raising anti-government slogans, a large number of activists assembled at the Tallab Tillo Chowk and blocked vehicular traffic, forcing police to use mild force to disperse the protesters.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 8 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
After the incident, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone had ordered suspension of five security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video