JKLA panel asks executing agency to strictly follow guidelines
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly panel on Tuesday asked the executing agency to meet all environmental norms while constructing a tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Udhampur district.
The committee, headed by its chairman M Y Tarigami, visited Chenani in Udhampur to inspect steps taken by the executing agency for construction of the tunnel.
Tarigami asked the agency to meet all environmental norms pertaining to the completion of the project.
The committee members took stock of the construction activities and environment protection measures taken by the executing agency.
The project includes construction of two 9-km-long parallel tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery