JKLA panel asks executing agency to strictly follow guidelines
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly panel on Tuesday asked the executing agency to meet all environmental norms while constructing a tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Udhampur district.
The committee, headed by its chairman M Y Tarigami, visited Chenani in Udhampur to inspect steps taken by the executing agency for construction of the tunnel.
Tarigami asked the agency to meet all environmental norms pertaining to the completion of the project.
The committee members took stock of the construction activities and environment protection measures taken by the executing agency.
The project includes construction of two 9-km-long parallel tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why