JKLA panel asks executing agency to strictly follow guidelines
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly panel on Tuesday asked the executing agency to meet all environmental norms while constructing a tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Udhampur district.
The committee, headed by its chairman M Y Tarigami, visited Chenani in Udhampur to inspect steps taken by the executing agency for construction of the tunnel.
Tarigami asked the agency to meet all environmental norms pertaining to the completion of the project.
The committee members took stock of the construction activities and environment protection measures taken by the executing agency.
The project includes construction of two 9-km-long parallel tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video