JKLA panel asks executing agency to strictly follow guidelines
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly panel on Tuesday asked the executing agency to meet all environmental norms while constructing a tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Udhampur district.
The committee, headed by its chairman M Y Tarigami, visited Chenani in Udhampur to inspect steps taken by the executing agency for construction of the tunnel.
Tarigami asked the agency to meet all environmental norms pertaining to the completion of the project.
The committee members took stock of the construction activities and environment protection measures taken by the executing agency.
The project includes construction of two 9-km-long parallel tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation