JKLF appeals for peace in clash-hit regions of Jam
Srinagar: Separatist Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) leader Yasin Malik on Sunday appealed to people in communal clash-hit regions of the state to maintain peace and brotherhood.
"I appeal to my Hindu and Muslim brothers in Jammu to maintain peace, harmony and brotherhood. Fighting each other and burning houses is easy, but only those who go through such trauma know what it means," Malik told reporters here.
Malik also appealed to "sane" voices in Jammu to come forward and "douse the flames triggered by communal clashes".
"Sane voices are there in every society, we want them to come out, pacify people and help in dousing the flames and defeat those behind all this (clashes)," he said, alleging some political parties were behind the clashes.
Malik demanded immediate disbanding of Village Defence Committees (VDCs) and said his group will hold peaceful protests here after noon prayers tomorrow.
"We will demand disbanding of VDCs and send a message to the people in a peaceful manner," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!