JKLF chairman detained in Baramulla
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik
and five of his associates were on Friday taken into preventive
custody in Baramulla district when they were on their way to
hold a protest against the hanging of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru.
Malik, along with JKLF vice-chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat and
four of his top aides were detained near Sangrama township on
the National Highway 1-A while they were heading to north
Kashmir`s Sopore town for the protest, a JKLF spokesman said.
Sopore is also the hometowm of Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police