JKLF chairman detained in Baramulla
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik
and five of his associates were on Friday taken into preventive
custody in Baramulla district when they were on their way to
hold a protest against the hanging of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru.
Malik, along with JKLF vice-chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat and
four of his top aides were detained near Sangrama township on
the National Highway 1-A while they were heading to north
Kashmir`s Sopore town for the protest, a JKLF spokesman said.
Sopore is also the hometowm of Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?