JKLF chairman detained in Baramulla
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik
and five of his associates were on Friday taken into preventive
custody in Baramulla district when they were on their way to
hold a protest against the hanging of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru.
Malik, along with JKLF vice-chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat and
four of his top aides were detained near Sangrama township on
the National Highway 1-A while they were heading to north
Kashmir`s Sopore town for the protest, a JKLF spokesman said.
Sopore is also the hometowm of Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees