JKLF chairman detained in Baramulla
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik
and five of his associates were on Friday taken into preventive
custody in Baramulla district when they were on their way to
hold a protest against the hanging of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru.
Malik, along with JKLF vice-chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat and
four of his top aides were detained near Sangrama township on
the National Highway 1-A while they were heading to north
Kashmir`s Sopore town for the protest, a JKLF spokesman said.
Sopore is also the hometowm of Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?