JKLF chairman detained in Baramulla
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik
and five of his associates were on Friday taken into preventive
custody in Baramulla district when they were on their way to
hold a protest against the hanging of Parliament attack
convict Afzal Guru.
Malik, along with JKLF vice-chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat and
four of his top aides were detained near Sangrama township on
the National Highway 1-A while they were heading to north
Kashmir`s Sopore town for the protest, a JKLF spokesman said.
Sopore is also the hometowm of Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh