JKLF chairman Yaseen Malik detained
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik was on Friday detained en route Tral in Pulwama district of south Kashmir after authorities apprehended "breach of peace" during a public meeting he was slated to address there.
Malik, accompanied by his associates, was stopped by police at Lethpora, 24 kms from here, and asked to return to Srinagar, officials said.
But when he refused and tried to proceed to Tral, 45 kms from here, to address the public meeting, police detained him and his associates.
Superintendent of Police, Awantipora, Bashir Ahmad Khan said, "Malik was detained as a precautionary measure. There was apprehension of breach of peace."
He was lodged in Lethpora police lines.
Malik has been addressing public gatherings in different areas of the valley for the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users