JKLF chairman Yaseen Malik detained
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik was on Friday detained en route Tral in Pulwama district of south Kashmir after authorities apprehended "breach of peace" during a public meeting he was slated to address there.
Malik, accompanied by his associates, was stopped by police at Lethpora, 24 kms from here, and asked to return to Srinagar, officials said.
But when he refused and tried to proceed to Tral, 45 kms from here, to address the public meeting, police detained him and his associates.
Superintendent of Police, Awantipora, Bashir Ahmad Khan said, "Malik was detained as a precautionary measure. There was apprehension of breach of peace."
He was lodged in Lethpora police lines.
Malik has been addressing public gatherings in different areas of the valley for the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!