JKLF chief goes into hiding
Srinagar: Apprehending arrest ahead of their proposed march to Lal Chowk here on the Republic Day, JKLF chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik and his close associates on Sunday went into hiding.
"With police raiding several places to arrest JKLF leaders and activists, Yaseen Malik and his associates have gone into hiding to avoid arrests," a JKLF spokesman said.
The JKLF has decided to stage a march to Lal Chowk, the city`s commercial hub, to counter BJP`s plan to hoist the tricolour there on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM