JKLF chief goes into hiding
Srinagar: Apprehending arrest ahead of their proposed march to Lal Chowk here on the Republic Day, JKLF chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik and his close associates on Sunday went into hiding.
"With police raiding several places to arrest JKLF leaders and activists, Yaseen Malik and his associates have gone into hiding to avoid arrests," a JKLF spokesman said.
The JKLF has decided to stage a march to Lal Chowk, the city`s commercial hub, to counter BJP`s plan to hoist the tricolour there on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj