JKLF chief on hunger strike against death for two Kashmiris
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik Wednesday began a daylong hunger strike here to protest the death sentence being given to two Kashmiris in the 1996 Lajpat Nagar bomb blast case in New Delhi.
Malik and other senior leaders of the JKLF began their strike at party`s Maqbool Manzil headquarters in uptown Maisuma locality here.
Mirza Nisar Hussain and Mohammad Ali Bhatt were sentenced to death by a Delhi court last week. A third person, Mohammed Naushad, was also sentenced to death for the blast took place May 2, 1996 evening in the busy Central Market area of Lajpat Nagar in New Delhi, killing 13 people and injuring 39.
Hardline senior separatist leader and chairman of the breakaway Hurriyat group, Syed Ali Geelani, Tuesday said he would launch a fund raising campaign to legally defend the two locals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply