JKLF chief Yasin Malik, 7 others detained
Srinagar: The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir
Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension
gripped Rajouri town.
"Malik and seven other JKLF leaders were detained by
police at Banihal as they were heading towards Rajouri," JKLF
spokesman said here.
He said Malik was going to the border town in Jammu
region as part of his efforts to defuse tension following
clashes between two communities.
The curfew was clamped on the town last week after some
unidentified persons pelted stones at a religious procession.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP leader
Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt
sentiments of a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie