JKLF chief Yasin Malik, 7 others detained
Srinagar: The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir
Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension
gripped Rajouri town.
"Malik and seven other JKLF leaders were detained by
police at Banihal as they were heading towards Rajouri," JKLF
spokesman said here.
He said Malik was going to the border town in Jammu
region as part of his efforts to defuse tension following
clashes between two communities.
The curfew was clamped on the town last week after some
unidentified persons pelted stones at a religious procession.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP leader
Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt
sentiments of a particular community.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill