JKLF chief Yasin Malik, 7 others detained
Srinagar: The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir
Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension
gripped Rajouri town.
"Malik and seven other JKLF leaders were detained by
police at Banihal as they were heading towards Rajouri," JKLF
spokesman said here.
He said Malik was going to the border town in Jammu
region as part of his efforts to defuse tension following
clashes between two communities.
The curfew was clamped on the town last week after some
unidentified persons pelted stones at a religious procession.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP leader
Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt
sentiments of a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'