JKLF chief Yasin Malik, 7 others detained
Srinagar: The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir
Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension
gripped Rajouri town.
"Malik and seven other JKLF leaders were detained by
police at Banihal as they were heading towards Rajouri," JKLF
spokesman said here.
He said Malik was going to the border town in Jammu
region as part of his efforts to defuse tension following
clashes between two communities.
The curfew was clamped on the town last week after some
unidentified persons pelted stones at a religious procession.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP leader
Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt
sentiments of a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened