JKLF member arrested for crossing border
Poonch: A man, who was missing since 1993 after he allegedly crossed over to Pakistan and joined the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) there, has been arrested from the Surankot area and sent to four-day police remand.
Mohammad Saddiq, who was arrested from the Surankot area, was on Friday presented before the sub-judge Vishesh Parihar who sent him to four-days police remand, police said.
Saddiq, who hails from Fazlabad near Surankot, has been booked under various sections including the Egress and Internal Movement Control ordinance ( EIMCO) which relates to illegal crossing of the international border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?