JKNPP bats for separate Jammu state
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers party (JKNPP) on Friday held protest demonstration in support of their demand for the separate Jammu state.
Led by JKNPP state president Balwant Singh Mankotia over 300 party workers held protest demonstrations in support of the demand for separate state for Jammu at Udhampur, 65 kms from here.
The protest march started from party office and after passing through various city bazaars reached Deputy Commissioner`s Office in Udhampur.
Addressing the gathering, Mankotia said, "We demand a separate state for Jammu. This is a very important demand for the people of Jammu region. JKNPP will continue to fight for it."
Mankotia alleged that people of Jammu were being ignored from last sixty five years in jobs and development funds, and only a separate state for Jammu region can solve all these problems.
People of Jammu region have raised their voice for justice many times but each time their struggle was crushed by the government, he said, adding, "now the time has come that people of Jammu should get united for their final struggle to get separate state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir