JKNPP bats for separate Jammu state
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers party (JKNPP) on Friday held protest demonstration in support of their demand for the separate Jammu state.
Led by JKNPP state president Balwant Singh Mankotia over 300 party workers held protest demonstrations in support of the demand for separate state for Jammu at Udhampur, 65 kms from here.
The protest march started from party office and after passing through various city bazaars reached Deputy Commissioner`s Office in Udhampur.
Addressing the gathering, Mankotia said, "We demand a separate state for Jammu. This is a very important demand for the people of Jammu region. JKNPP will continue to fight for it."
Mankotia alleged that people of Jammu were being ignored from last sixty five years in jobs and development funds, and only a separate state for Jammu region can solve all these problems.
People of Jammu region have raised their voice for justice many times but each time their struggle was crushed by the government, he said, adding, "now the time has come that people of Jammu should get united for their final struggle to get separate state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’