JKNPP member stages walkout from Legislative Council
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party legislator, Rafiq Shah, today staged a walkout from the state Legislative Council after Chairman Amrit Malhotra told him to be specific and not to deviate from the topic at hand while asking the supplementary.
In protest to Chairman`s directive, he tore the copy of the questions before storming out of the House.
As soon as Shah got up to ask the supplementary over the issue of delay in the construction of Jatti Bridge at Baramulla in Kashmir raised by Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga, Malhotra told him to be specific and not deviate from the subject. On this the JKNPP member got agitated and tore the copy of questions and marched to the Well.
He sat in the Well raising slogans against the Chairman.
National Conference MLC Devender Singh Rana mocked Shah and told him that Panthers Party Chief Prof Bhim Singh also used to sit on the floor of the House in protest.
Malhotra didn`t pay much heed to the slogans raised by Shah, which led to him staging a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'