JKNPP member stages walkout from Legislative Council
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party legislator, Rafiq Shah, today staged a walkout from the state Legislative Council after Chairman Amrit Malhotra told him to be specific and not to deviate from the topic at hand while asking the supplementary.
In protest to Chairman`s directive, he tore the copy of the questions before storming out of the House.
As soon as Shah got up to ask the supplementary over the issue of delay in the construction of Jatti Bridge at Baramulla in Kashmir raised by Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga, Malhotra told him to be specific and not deviate from the subject. On this the JKNPP member got agitated and tore the copy of questions and marched to the Well.
He sat in the Well raising slogans against the Chairman.
National Conference MLC Devender Singh Rana mocked Shah and told him that Panthers Party Chief Prof Bhim Singh also used to sit on the floor of the House in protest.
Malhotra didn`t pay much heed to the slogans raised by Shah, which led to him staging a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16