JKNPP member stages walkout from Legislative Council
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party legislator, Rafiq Shah, today staged a walkout from the state Legislative Council after Chairman Amrit Malhotra told him to be specific and not to deviate from the topic at hand while asking the supplementary.
In protest to Chairman`s directive, he tore the copy of the questions before storming out of the House.
As soon as Shah got up to ask the supplementary over the issue of delay in the construction of Jatti Bridge at Baramulla in Kashmir raised by Congress MLC Ghulam Nabi Monga, Malhotra told him to be specific and not deviate from the subject. On this the JKNPP member got agitated and tore the copy of questions and marched to the Well.
He sat in the Well raising slogans against the Chairman.
National Conference MLC Devender Singh Rana mocked Shah and told him that Panthers Party Chief Prof Bhim Singh also used to sit on the floor of the House in protest.
Malhotra didn`t pay much heed to the slogans raised by Shah, which led to him staging a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss