JKNPP member suspended for uproar in J&K Assembly
Jammu: An MLA of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) was suspended from the state Assembly Monday for his protests over the inadequate power supply in his constituency.
During the Question Hour in the Assembly, JKNPP member Balwant Singh Mankotia raised the issue of various problems relating to uninterrupted power supply and its improvement in his constituency.
He demanded reply from the government, which was turned down by the Speaker Mubarak Gul, saying that the former have asked a lot of supplimentaries.
Enraged over this, Mankotia tore the question paper and threw it in the Well of the House, and staged a walkout from the House, leading to the Speaker to suspend him for the day.
"We will not allow the House to become hostage to such acts-- he has thrown mike last time (during his protest over his demand for bringing resolution against Pakistan in the state Assembly)," Gul said.
Later, speaking to the media persons here, the JKNPP member alleged that his suspension was an excuse to target him after he demanded resolution against Pakistan over its Assembly`s remark on the execution of Afzal Guru.
"Today`s suspension was just an excuse to target me over the protest I lodged in the House over the demand for bringing resolution against Pakistan in the Assembly on Afzal Guru," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon