JKNPP presents resolution on Lokpal in J&K Assembly
Jammu: Batting strongly for the creation of Lokpal and Lokayukt in Jammu and Kashmir to weed out corruption, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) Tuesday presented a resolution in the Assembly for the establishment of these institutions in the state.
"I have presented a resolution in the J&K Assembly in forthcoming session in Srinagar for establishment of the institution of Lokpal and Lokayukt in the state," JKNPP MLA Harsh Dev Singh told reporters here.
Singh said that the state government needed to wake up to the bitter reports of Transparency International which has dubbed Jammu and Kashmir as amongst the most corrupt states.
He said that it was high time for the state government to take effective measures for creation of credible institutions to institutionalise governance, putting an end to discretionary powers of ministers and bureaucrats and adopting concrete and fool proof measures for making governance transparent, and accountable.
Dubbing the state Accountability Commission Act as grossly "inadequate" piece of legislation, he said it had merely any ostentatious value.
The JNKPP leader said that all public functionaries were required to be brought within the ambit of the proposed institution in accordance with resolution unanimously passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon