JKNPP presents resolution on Lokpal in J&K Assembly
Jammu: Batting strongly for the creation of Lokpal and Lokayukt in Jammu and Kashmir to weed out corruption, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) Tuesday presented a resolution in the Assembly for the establishment of these institutions in the state.
"I have presented a resolution in the J&K Assembly in forthcoming session in Srinagar for establishment of the institution of Lokpal and Lokayukt in the state," JKNPP MLA Harsh Dev Singh told reporters here.
Singh said that the state government needed to wake up to the bitter reports of Transparency International which has dubbed Jammu and Kashmir as amongst the most corrupt states.
He said that it was high time for the state government to take effective measures for creation of credible institutions to institutionalise governance, putting an end to discretionary powers of ministers and bureaucrats and adopting concrete and fool proof measures for making governance transparent, and accountable.
Dubbing the state Accountability Commission Act as grossly "inadequate" piece of legislation, he said it had merely any ostentatious value.
The JNKPP leader said that all public functionaries were required to be brought within the ambit of the proposed institution in accordance with resolution unanimously passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30