JKNPP says Centre shouldn`t revoke AFSPA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party today said the Centre should not accept Omar Abdullah`s demand to withdraw Army and revoke AFSPA from the state, in light of the discovery of tunnel in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The lowering of the guard in backdrop of the discovery of cross border tunnel is dangerous. Centre should not accept the demand of Chief Minister to withdraw Army from the various identified areas including Samba, as I as MLA of the area have no problem with Army, instead people of Samba are happy with Army," he said.
Kundal, who as MLA of the area visited the tunnel area, said it should be an eyeopener for Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who has been repeatedly raising the issue of revocation of Armed Forced Special Powers Act in the state and reducing troop presence.
"Building of tunnel in Samba sector of J&K by Pakistan to stage infiltration into the state is a serious thing. Omar government and Centre should take lessons from it," JKNPP leader and MLA from Samba, Yashpal Kundal told reporters here on Tuesday.
There could more tunnels in the area and Centre and BSF should urgently uncover the tunnel as it has created a fear psychosis in the border area, he said.
Terming the issue as very serious, State NCP Chief Thakur Randhir Singh said that government and all agencies should put together efforts to scan the entire border area immediately to find out the network of tunnel.
He condemned those vying to remove Army from this area and demanded more recruitment of TA battalions for these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks