JKNPP says Centre shouldn`t revoke AFSPA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party today said the Centre should not accept Omar Abdullah`s demand to withdraw Army and revoke AFSPA from the state, in light of the discovery of tunnel in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The lowering of the guard in backdrop of the discovery of cross border tunnel is dangerous. Centre should not accept the demand of Chief Minister to withdraw Army from the various identified areas including Samba, as I as MLA of the area have no problem with Army, instead people of Samba are happy with Army," he said.
Kundal, who as MLA of the area visited the tunnel area, said it should be an eyeopener for Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who has been repeatedly raising the issue of revocation of Armed Forced Special Powers Act in the state and reducing troop presence.
"Building of tunnel in Samba sector of J&K by Pakistan to stage infiltration into the state is a serious thing. Omar government and Centre should take lessons from it," JKNPP leader and MLA from Samba, Yashpal Kundal told reporters here on Tuesday.
There could more tunnels in the area and Centre and BSF should urgently uncover the tunnel as it has created a fear psychosis in the border area, he said.
Terming the issue as very serious, State NCP Chief Thakur Randhir Singh said that government and all agencies should put together efforts to scan the entire border area immediately to find out the network of tunnel.
He condemned those vying to remove Army from this area and demanded more recruitment of TA battalions for these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared