JKNPP says Centre shouldn`t revoke AFSPA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party today said the Centre should not accept Omar Abdullah`s demand to withdraw Army and revoke AFSPA from the state, in light of the discovery of tunnel in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The lowering of the guard in backdrop of the discovery of cross border tunnel is dangerous. Centre should not accept the demand of Chief Minister to withdraw Army from the various identified areas including Samba, as I as MLA of the area have no problem with Army, instead people of Samba are happy with Army," he said.
Kundal, who as MLA of the area visited the tunnel area, said it should be an eyeopener for Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who has been repeatedly raising the issue of revocation of Armed Forced Special Powers Act in the state and reducing troop presence.
"Building of tunnel in Samba sector of J&K by Pakistan to stage infiltration into the state is a serious thing. Omar government and Centre should take lessons from it," JKNPP leader and MLA from Samba, Yashpal Kundal told reporters here on Tuesday.
There could more tunnels in the area and Centre and BSF should urgently uncover the tunnel as it has created a fear psychosis in the border area, he said.
Terming the issue as very serious, State NCP Chief Thakur Randhir Singh said that government and all agencies should put together efforts to scan the entire border area immediately to find out the network of tunnel.
He condemned those vying to remove Army from this area and demanded more recruitment of TA battalions for these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof