JKNPP says Centre shouldn`t revoke AFSPA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party today said the Centre should not accept Omar Abdullah`s demand to withdraw Army and revoke AFSPA from the state, in light of the discovery of tunnel in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"The lowering of the guard in backdrop of the discovery of cross border tunnel is dangerous. Centre should not accept the demand of Chief Minister to withdraw Army from the various identified areas including Samba, as I as MLA of the area have no problem with Army, instead people of Samba are happy with Army," he said.
Kundal, who as MLA of the area visited the tunnel area, said it should be an eyeopener for Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who has been repeatedly raising the issue of revocation of Armed Forced Special Powers Act in the state and reducing troop presence.
"Building of tunnel in Samba sector of J&K by Pakistan to stage infiltration into the state is a serious thing. Omar government and Centre should take lessons from it," JKNPP leader and MLA from Samba, Yashpal Kundal told reporters here on Tuesday.
There could more tunnels in the area and Centre and BSF should urgently uncover the tunnel as it has created a fear psychosis in the border area, he said.
Terming the issue as very serious, State NCP Chief Thakur Randhir Singh said that government and all agencies should put together efforts to scan the entire border area immediately to find out the network of tunnel.
He condemned those vying to remove Army from this area and demanded more recruitment of TA battalions for these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing