JKNPP stages dharna over Dogra Certificate issue in Jammu
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Monday held a day-long protest in front of the Governor`s residence here demanding issuance of Dogra Certificate to people from Jammu Province.
Led by state president of the party, Balwant Singh Mankotia, JKNPP leaders strongly condemned the state government for cancellation of Dogra certificate order which was issued by Revenue Minister Raman Bhalla during last Assembly session.
However, the state and centre governments had to revoke the Dogra Certificate order after the Hurriyat Conference raised objection to it.
Mankotia warned the state government not to play with the sentiments of the "brave and nationalist Dogras" who had "scarified thousands of lives for maintaining the integrity of the country”.
He urged the Centre not to succumb to the pressure of anti-national and separatists in the Kashmir valley who were "bent upon disintegrating the Indian nation”.
Anti-Jammu National Conference (NC) has also joined hands with separatists to undermine that identity of Dogras, he said, adding that JKNPP would not allow the secessionist forces to succeed.
He further said that JKNPP would take this agitation to districts, tehsils, block and Panchayat level in the days to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in