JKNPP threatens social boycott of Congress
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party on Monday threatened social boycott of Congress
legislators if they did not withdraw support to the Omar
Abdullah-led coalition government within 30 days.
"A massive social boycott" against Congress legislators
in the state shall be launched in case the party, which is in
coalition with the Omar`s National Conference to rule the
state, did not withdraw support to Chief Minister within 30
days, Panthers Party chief Bhim Singh told reporters here.
Singh accused the Congress Party of having "triple
standards" in Jammu and Kashmir as it supported Abdullah`s
"dynasty rule, which is responsible for the rise" of militancy
and terrorism in the state.
The Panthers Party chief urged Congress President Sonia
Gandhi to direct her party members to withdraw support to the
"(It is) in the interest of country, security and the
interest of the people of Jammu and Kashmir. The Congress
leaders in the state have been reduced to pawns on the chess
board," Singh said in a message to Gandhi.
The Panthers Party leader asked the state Governor N N
Vohra to intervene under section 92 of the state constitution
to dissolve Omar Abdullah government which has "infringed the
constitution by appointing 30-members in the council of his
Under the state constitution there cannot be more than
22 ministers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale