JKNPP threatens social boycott of Congress
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party on Monday threatened social boycott of Congress
legislators if they did not withdraw support to the Omar
Abdullah-led coalition government within 30 days.
"A massive social boycott" against Congress legislators
in the state shall be launched in case the party, which is in
coalition with the Omar`s National Conference to rule the
state, did not withdraw support to Chief Minister within 30
days, Panthers Party chief Bhim Singh told reporters here.
Singh accused the Congress Party of having "triple
standards" in Jammu and Kashmir as it supported Abdullah`s
"dynasty rule, which is responsible for the rise" of militancy
and terrorism in the state.
The Panthers Party chief urged Congress President Sonia
Gandhi to direct her party members to withdraw support to the
"(It is) in the interest of country, security and the
interest of the people of Jammu and Kashmir. The Congress
leaders in the state have been reduced to pawns on the chess
board," Singh said in a message to Gandhi.
The Panthers Party leader asked the state Governor N N
Vohra to intervene under section 92 of the state constitution
to dissolve Omar Abdullah government which has "infringed the
constitution by appointing 30-members in the council of his
Under the state constitution there cannot be more than
22 ministers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah