JKNPP to celebrate accession of state to India on Oct 26-27
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party (JKNPP) has on Thursday decided to celebrate
accession of the state to India in 1947, during the upcoming
63rd anniversary celebrations of the party.
"JKNPP shall celebrate the anniversary on the state`s
integration with India with great pomp and show in all the 22
districts on October 26, the day Maharaja Hari Singh signed
the instrument of accession on October 26, 1947," party
Chairman Bhim Singh told reporters here.
He said that on October 27, the party shall organise a
historic public meeting in Jammu-the winter capital of the
state, where all nationalists and political parties shall be
The JKNPP Chairman said that the party has appealed
to all the political parties, social organisations, NGOs and
the educational institutions to take out victory rallies with
the tricolour flags to show that Jammu and Kashmir is an
"inseparable and integral part" of India.
Asserting that the finality of accession with India
cannot be challenged, Singh quoted Article 3 of the state
Constitution which says "Jammu and Kashmir is and shall remain
an integral part of India".
Meanwhile, reacting to the appointment of the
interlocutors by Centre to carry dialogue process with
different groups here, he said "it is only a process of
appointing unemployed bureaucrats and media persons, who do
not have basic knowledge about geography and history of
greater Jammu and Kashmir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj