JKNPP to celebrate accession of state to India on Oct 26-27
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party (JKNPP) has on Thursday decided to celebrate
accession of the state to India in 1947, during the upcoming
63rd anniversary celebrations of the party.
"JKNPP shall celebrate the anniversary on the state`s
integration with India with great pomp and show in all the 22
districts on October 26, the day Maharaja Hari Singh signed
the instrument of accession on October 26, 1947," party
Chairman Bhim Singh told reporters here.
He said that on October 27, the party shall organise a
historic public meeting in Jammu-the winter capital of the
state, where all nationalists and political parties shall be
The JKNPP Chairman said that the party has appealed
to all the political parties, social organisations, NGOs and
the educational institutions to take out victory rallies with
the tricolour flags to show that Jammu and Kashmir is an
"inseparable and integral part" of India.
Asserting that the finality of accession with India
cannot be challenged, Singh quoted Article 3 of the state
Constitution which says "Jammu and Kashmir is and shall remain
an integral part of India".
Meanwhile, reacting to the appointment of the
interlocutors by Centre to carry dialogue process with
different groups here, he said "it is only a process of
appointing unemployed bureaucrats and media persons, who do
not have basic knowledge about geography and history of
greater Jammu and Kashmir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM