JKNPP to celebrate accession of state to India on Oct 26-27
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party (JKNPP) has on Thursday decided to celebrate
accession of the state to India in 1947, during the upcoming
63rd anniversary celebrations of the party.
"JKNPP shall celebrate the anniversary on the state`s
integration with India with great pomp and show in all the 22
districts on October 26, the day Maharaja Hari Singh signed
the instrument of accession on October 26, 1947," party
Chairman Bhim Singh told reporters here.
He said that on October 27, the party shall organise a
historic public meeting in Jammu-the winter capital of the
state, where all nationalists and political parties shall be
The JKNPP Chairman said that the party has appealed
to all the political parties, social organisations, NGOs and
the educational institutions to take out victory rallies with
the tricolour flags to show that Jammu and Kashmir is an
"inseparable and integral part" of India.
Asserting that the finality of accession with India
cannot be challenged, Singh quoted Article 3 of the state
Constitution which says "Jammu and Kashmir is and shall remain
an integral part of India".
Meanwhile, reacting to the appointment of the
interlocutors by Centre to carry dialogue process with
different groups here, he said "it is only a process of
appointing unemployed bureaucrats and media persons, who do
not have basic knowledge about geography and history of
greater Jammu and Kashmir."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city