JKNPP to corner Omar govt on non-performance
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today said it would corner the Omar Abdullah-led state government on a host of issues including non-performance and unemployment in the upcoming Budget Assembly session.
"We shall vigorously and vociferously highlight in the Assembly the issues of non-governance, non-performance, regional bias, fractured work culture, lack of accountability and transparency, fiscal indiscipline and patronised corruption," JKNPP chairman Harsh Dev Singh said here.
Besides, the government will also be cornered on the issues of poor delivery of services, with failure on its part to address and redress the genuine urges and aspirations of the people of the state and to redeem its promises, he added.
Singh alleged that the government has been "high on rhetoric and low on delivery, with all its tall claims, airy slogans and loud pronouncements having fallen flat."
He alleged that despite liberal central funding and a plethora of centrally sponsored schemes announced to support the infrastructural development of the state, the delivery on the ground has been negligible.
The JKNPP leader said they would also highlight the "hostile discrimination" doled out to Jammu region in multifarious sectors, including development projects, employment opportunities, rural connectivity.
"The issue of Jammu’s neglect and deprivation shall be vociferously agitated in the Assembly," he said.
The J&K Budget Assembly session will begin on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam