JKNPP to corner Omar govt on non-performance
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today said it would corner the Omar Abdullah-led state government on a host of issues including non-performance and unemployment in the upcoming Budget Assembly session.
"We shall vigorously and vociferously highlight in the Assembly the issues of non-governance, non-performance, regional bias, fractured work culture, lack of accountability and transparency, fiscal indiscipline and patronised corruption," JKNPP chairman Harsh Dev Singh said here.
Besides, the government will also be cornered on the issues of poor delivery of services, with failure on its part to address and redress the genuine urges and aspirations of the people of the state and to redeem its promises, he added.
Singh alleged that the government has been "high on rhetoric and low on delivery, with all its tall claims, airy slogans and loud pronouncements having fallen flat."
He alleged that despite liberal central funding and a plethora of centrally sponsored schemes announced to support the infrastructural development of the state, the delivery on the ground has been negligible.
The JKNPP leader said they would also highlight the "hostile discrimination" doled out to Jammu region in multifarious sectors, including development projects, employment opportunities, rural connectivity.
"The issue of Jammu’s neglect and deprivation shall be vociferously agitated in the Assembly," he said.
The J&K Budget Assembly session will begin on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands