JKPCC celebrates 69th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) on Tuesday organised several functions across the state to celebrate the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The main function, presided over by senior vice president and former MP Dharam Pal Sharma, was held at the PCC`s Shaheedi Chowk headquarters in Jammu amid the presence of senior party members from all over the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Congress leaders described Rajiv Gandhi as an "architect" of Panchayat Raj System in the country and stressed on the need to strengthen the system in the state.
Referring to Gandhi`s many achievements during his leadership, they said the country has emerged as a leader in the Information Technology sector mainly due to the former leader`s farsightedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest