JKPCC celebrates 69th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) on Tuesday organised several functions across the state to celebrate the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The main function, presided over by senior vice president and former MP Dharam Pal Sharma, was held at the PCC`s Shaheedi Chowk headquarters in Jammu amid the presence of senior party members from all over the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Congress leaders described Rajiv Gandhi as an "architect" of Panchayat Raj System in the country and stressed on the need to strengthen the system in the state.
Referring to Gandhi`s many achievements during his leadership, they said the country has emerged as a leader in the Information Technology sector mainly due to the former leader`s farsightedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing