JKPCC celebrates 69th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) on Tuesday organised several functions across the state to celebrate the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The main function, presided over by senior vice president and former MP Dharam Pal Sharma, was held at the PCC`s Shaheedi Chowk headquarters in Jammu amid the presence of senior party members from all over the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Congress leaders described Rajiv Gandhi as an "architect" of Panchayat Raj System in the country and stressed on the need to strengthen the system in the state.
Referring to Gandhi`s many achievements during his leadership, they said the country has emerged as a leader in the Information Technology sector mainly due to the former leader`s farsightedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday