JKPCC celebrates 69th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) on Tuesday organised several functions across the state to celebrate the 69th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The main function, presided over by senior vice president and former MP Dharam Pal Sharma, was held at the PCC`s Shaheedi Chowk headquarters in Jammu amid the presence of senior party members from all over the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Congress leaders described Rajiv Gandhi as an "architect" of Panchayat Raj System in the country and stressed on the need to strengthen the system in the state.
Referring to Gandhi`s many achievements during his leadership, they said the country has emerged as a leader in the Information Technology sector mainly due to the former leader`s farsightedness.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons