JKPPM demands ST status for Paharis
Jammu: Demanding Scheduled Tribe status for the Pahari community, Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement on Sunday threatened to launch a state-wide agitation if the state government failed to meet its demand.
"We demand grant of ST status to the Pahari community, which is living in remote and mountainous belts of the state and is backward," JKPPM leader MA Sagar said.
He said the state government should understand seriousness of the issue must take a decision at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months