JKPPM demands ST status for Paharis
Jammu: Demanding Scheduled Tribe status for the Pahari community, Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement on Sunday threatened to launch a state-wide agitation if the state government failed to meet its demand.
"We demand grant of ST status to the Pahari community, which is living in remote and mountainous belts of the state and is backward," JKPPM leader MA Sagar said.
He said the state government should understand seriousness of the issue must take a decision at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!