JKPPM demands ST status for Paharis
Jammu: Demanding Scheduled Tribe status for the Pahari community, Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement on Sunday threatened to launch a state-wide agitation if the state government failed to meet its demand.
"We demand grant of ST status to the Pahari community, which is living in remote and mountainous belts of the state and is backward," JKPPM leader MA Sagar said.
He said the state government should understand seriousness of the issue must take a decision at the earliest.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister