JKPPM demands ST status for Paharis
Jammu: Demanding Scheduled Tribe status for the Pahari community, Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement on Sunday threatened to launch a state-wide agitation if the state government failed to meet its demand.
"We demand grant of ST status to the Pahari community, which is living in remote and mountainous belts of the state and is backward," JKPPM leader MA Sagar said.
He said the state government should understand seriousness of the issue must take a decision at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Iraqi forces retake key town south of Mosul
- More than two-thirds rise in vision loss globally due to diabetes: Study
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study