JKPPM demands ST status for Paharis
Jammu: Demanding Scheduled Tribe status for the Pahari community, Jammu and Kashmir Pahari Peoples Movement on Sunday threatened to launch a state-wide agitation if the state government failed to meet its demand.
"We demand grant of ST status to the Pahari community, which is living in remote and mountainous belts of the state and is backward," JKPPM leader MA Sagar said.
He said the state government should understand seriousness of the issue must take a decision at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route