JKSRTC employees continue stir for third day
Jammu: Operations of the Jammu and Kashmir
State Road Transport Corporation remained disrupted for the
third consecutive day on Friday as its employees continued their
strike demanding implementation of the sixth pay commission
All passenger buses and trucks of the state-run public
transport were off the roads, a leader of JKSRTC employees
union claimed, adding the transport vehicles on inter-state
routes will also remain suspended for next three days.
Employees held protest demonstration and shouted
anti-government slogans at the JKSRTC headquarters at Bikram
The JKSRTC employees are demanding implementation of 6th
pay commission recommendations, release of (Common Living
Allowance) COLA, announcement of Pending Department Promotion
Committee, arrears to VSR employees, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya