JKSRTC employees continue stir for third day
Jammu: Operations of the Jammu and Kashmir
State Road Transport Corporation remained disrupted for the
third consecutive day on Friday as its employees continued their
strike demanding implementation of the sixth pay commission
All passenger buses and trucks of the state-run public
transport were off the roads, a leader of JKSRTC employees
union claimed, adding the transport vehicles on inter-state
routes will also remain suspended for next three days.
Employees held protest demonstration and shouted
anti-government slogans at the JKSRTC headquarters at Bikram
The JKSRTC employees are demanding implementation of 6th
pay commission recommendations, release of (Common Living
Allowance) COLA, announcement of Pending Department Promotion
Committee, arrears to VSR employees, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him