JMC launches drive against food adulteration, 7 outlets sealed
Jammu: In a crackdown on sale of adulterated food items in Jammu city during the festive season, the Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC) today sealed seven sweet shops in the city.
JMC sealed three sweet shops- Jai Vaishno Paitha Fruit Products & Sweets, Jai Vaishno Shakti Paitha House and New Jai Maa Shakti Paitha Food Products at Maheshi Gate for selling adulterated sweets in the city, a spokesperson said.
Two outlets in Tallab Tilloo and Mohinder Nagar were also sealed for not maintaining minimum food standard and quality parameters, he said.
The team also checked the quality of sweets being prepared at Pradhan outlet at New Plot and seized 12 tins of material, spokesperson said, adding that Patisa manufacturing unit of Bhola Singh at New Plot was also sealed and materials prepared in 175 boxes were confiscated.
The special drive was conducted by the team led by Kiran Wattal, Municipal Commissioner in the city today. Shopkeepers dealing with food items are strictly warned and directed to ensure supply of good quality of food to the general public, especially sweets and milk products as per the Food Safety & Standards Act 2006, the JMC spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends