Journalists not allowed to cover Geelani`s press conference
Srinagar: Authorities on Monday did not allow hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to address a press conference at his Hyderpora residence in the city where is under detention since December four.
The chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference had called a press conference at his residence on the Srinagar Airport road here.
A large posse of police personnel deployed outside Geelani`s residence stopped media persons from covering the press conference.
A police officer told journalists no one would be allowed to enter the Hurriyat leader`s house.
Terming the move as "frustration of the government", the amalgam said such tactics would have serious consequences.
Geelani was placed under "house arrest" to thwart his public meeting in Tral township in south Kashmir on December four, the amalgam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan