Journalists not allowed to cover Geelani`s press conference
Srinagar: Authorities on Monday did not allow hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to address a press conference at his Hyderpora residence in the city where is under detention since December four.
The chairman of the hardline Hurriyat Conference had called a press conference at his residence on the Srinagar Airport road here.
A large posse of police personnel deployed outside Geelani`s residence stopped media persons from covering the press conference.
A police officer told journalists no one would be allowed to enter the Hurriyat leader`s house.
Terming the move as "frustration of the government", the amalgam said such tactics would have serious consequences.
Geelani was placed under "house arrest" to thwart his public meeting in Tral township in south Kashmir on December four, the amalgam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried