JP Nadda appointed BJP`s election in-charge in J&K
New Delhi: BJP President Amit Shah has made party general secretary J P Nadda the election in-charge of Jammu and Kashmir where the Assembly election is due to be held early next year.
Shah has also appointed Nirmal Singh as the election campaign committee head for the state and Sat Sharma as its secretary, according to a party press release.
The effort is part of the party`s move to revamp its Jammu and Kashmir state unit and prepare itself for the upcoming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites