JTC to observe bandh in Jammu and Kashmir on January 8
Jammu: The Jagti Tenement Committee (JTC) on Friday announced a `bandh` on January 8 to mark protest against the alleged poor facilities provided to Jagti township.
Jagti township was developed to rehabilitate Kashmiri Migrants under the Prime Minister`s Rehabilitation and Return Package for the Kashmiri Migrants.
"The JTC members have decided to observe Jagti Bandh on January 8 in support of their demands and the cooperation of all shopkeepers, transporters, men, women, and students has been sought", President JTC, S L Pandita told reporters here.
Pandita also asked Jagti residents to take part in a peaceful protest rally which shall start at 11 am from Jagti and will culminate at Kandoli Mandir in Nagrota.
The township is denied of power supply for 16 hours a day, which is quite "unfortunate", he said.
The delay in the enhancement of monthly relief to the migrants has added to the miseries of Jagti residents, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India