Judicial probe into Shopian firing a joke: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday dismissed as "joke" the judicial probe ordered by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah into the Shopian firing incident that left four persons dead.
"We reject the judicial inquiry ordered by Omar Abdullah as such inquiries have become a joke and they never reach any conclusion," Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani said in a statement.
Omar yesterday announced a judicial probe into Shopian killings of September 7 in CRPF firing to ascertain if the three local youths had any link with militancy.
The Chief Minister said he was convinced that the fourth person killed in the incident was a militant, and not a labourer from Bihar as claimed by certain quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!