Judicial probe into Shopian firing a joke: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday dismissed as "joke" the judicial probe ordered by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah into the Shopian firing incident that left four persons dead.
"We reject the judicial inquiry ordered by Omar Abdullah as such inquiries have become a joke and they never reach any conclusion," Hurriyat chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani said in a statement.
Omar yesterday announced a judicial probe into Shopian killings of September 7 in CRPF firing to ascertain if the three local youths had any link with militancy.
The Chief Minister said he was convinced that the fourth person killed in the incident was a militant, and not a labourer from Bihar as claimed by certain quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city